I love books. I love to read. I love buying new books. I love that I have stacks of books that I need to read. I love that my bookshelf is aways overcrowded. I love books.
Today’s Monday Mantra is a few of my favorite quotes from a few of my favorite books.
- “So this guy,” I said, standing in the doorway of the living room. “Francois Rabelais. He was this poet. And his last words were ‘I go to seek a Great Perhaps.’ That’s why I’m going. So I don’t have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps.” John Green, Looking For Alaska
- “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- “After all, tomorrow is another day.” Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell
- “Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold.” S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
- “And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.” Stephenie Meyer, Breaking Dawn
- “I hope she’ll be a fool — that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- “I would die for you. But I won’t live for you.” Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- “Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.” Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Now these are just a few of a million I could have put here, but we would be here all day…
Tell me in the comments, what are your favorite book quotes?
Happy Reading! Happy Monday!